This programme is designed to build mentoring capabilities with identified mentors. This practical workshop provides an opportunity to explore the role of a mentor and practice the skills necessary to mentor successfully.
Delegates will examine the skills, behaviours and values essential to become an effective mentor. Through a series of discussions, interactive exercises and case studies the session will cover the essentials of mentoring alongside potential pitfalls and problems.
- Understanding the role of mentor and practising the skills of an effective mentor
- Demonstrating the difference between a coach and a mentor
- Creating an effective rapport with mentees
- Recognising how personality and preferred learning styles impact upon the mentoring relationship
- Identifying essential mentoring skills
- Assessing individual needs and managing resistance to constructive critique